|Special||Activates when plant damage reaches 50%.|
|Unlocked||Completing all 8 steps of the Epic Quest, Aloe, Salut!|
|Aloe likes to soothe. He likes to alleviate, he likes to restore, he likes to mend. But don't ask him to revive. He's touchy about revival.|
From time to time, Aloe will heal the plant on the tile in front of him on his immediate right, restoring its health. Aloe will begin to heal a plant when its health reaches below 50%. He will heal the plant for 6 bites, regardless of the type of plant. After healing a plant, it takes 10 seconds for him to be able to heal that plant again.
Aloe is based on the plant with the name of Aloe vera and his ability is inspired by aloe vera's real world use, which is primarily used to accelerate the healing process of sunburned skin.
SUN COST: 75
SPECIAL: Heal Plant
PLANT FOOD POWER: Overheal
Aloes heal injured plants to their immediate right.
Special: Activates when plant damage reaches 50%
Aloe likes to soothe. He likes to alleviate, he likes to restore, he likes to mend. But don't ask him to revive. He's touchy about revival.
Plant Food effect
When given Plant Food, Aloe will instantly heal every plant in a 3x3 radius around him to full health.
|Sun Cost|| Recharge|
| Plant Food Power|
|1||0||0||75||20 seconds||10 seconds||3 bites||5 bites||10 seconds||100%||Close|
|2||10||1,000||75||19 seconds||9 seconds||3.5 bites||5.5 bites||9 seconds||100%|
|3||75||5,000||75||18 seconds||8 seconds||4 bites||6 bites||8 seconds||100%|
|4||200||10,000||75||18 seconds||8 seconds||4.5 bites||6 bites||7 seconds||125%|
|5||400||20,000||50||17 seconds||7 seconds||5.5 bites||6.5 bites||6 seconds||125%|
|6||750||30,000||50||17 seconds||7 seconds||6 bites||7 bites||6 seconds||150%|
|7||1,000||40,000||50||16 seconds||6 seconds||6.5 bites||7 bites||6 seconds||150%|
|8||1,000||50,000||50||16 seconds||6 seconds||7 bites||7.5 bites||6 seconds||175%|
|9||1,500||60,000||50||15 seconds||5 seconds||8 bites||7.5 bites||6 seconds||175%|
|10||2,000||75,000||25||15 seconds||5 seconds||9 bites||8 bites||6 seconds||200%|
Aloe is a healing plant that works well with defensive plants such as Wall-nut, Tall-nut, and the like. Due to his placement scheme, he limits the offensive power of the player a bit, preventing plants like Snapdragon and Phat Beet from dealing major damage. He can also be easily overwhelmed when there are too many zombies eating his defensive plant.
Aloe works extremely well with Chard Guard. When a Chard Guard has no leaves left and his health has been reduced below half, the Aloe will heal the Chard Guard and replenish all of his leaves. This can make for a stalemate situation that the player can use to their advantage to save up sun or prepare defenses (although more zombies will appear after a little while in other lanes). If you put Chard Guard in the right spot and there are not too many zombies eating him at a time, you can drag this on forever, until the Chard Guard kills all the zombies with his knockback damage.
Aloe's healing ability however does not work well with Infi-nut because of the fact that he can already regenerate over time and has lower health than a Wall-nut. He may not be suitable with Explode-O-Nut or Hot Date because he will affect them negatively, since Explode-O-Nut and Hot Date were made to explode after they get eaten, not to last an entire level.
The game will hint the player that Aloe and Kiwibeast can be a good combo. In fact, this is a good idea since Kiwibeast can deal damage, while Aloe heals Kiwibeast from damage. This can also work with Pea-nut and Endurian, but Kiwibeast is the most effective at dealing damage.
Aloe is also very effective with Sweet Potato since she will last longer and in turn make her strategy easier to manage because of not having to use Wall-nut First Aid to heal her. Garlic is also effective as he will allow you to keep on diverting zombies without needing to worry about replacing him or healing him with Wall-nut First Aid as often.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Aloe.
- He is similar in use to Heavenly Peach from the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2, as their functions are to heal plants.
- However, Aloe costs 75 sun, while Heavenly Peach costs 125, and without Aloe's Plant Food effect he can only heal the plant in front of him, unlike Heavenly Peach which can heal in a 3x3 radius normally.
- He, Gold Bloom, and Electric Currant are currently the only plants obtainable through completion of an Epic Quest.
- In an advertisement about getting him on the title screen, the player can see his waterdrop is blue instead light green.
- Despite the fact that his seed packet is in the style of Modern Day and Player's House, his background in the Almanac and seed selection is in the style of premium plants. This is also shared with other plants obtained from Epic Quests.
- If a defensive plant's armor (through their Plant Food ability) is damaged, Aloe cannot replenish the armor if it is damaged.
- He is the only plant that heals other plants in the international version of Plants vs. Zombies 2.