- For the similar zombie in Plants vs. Zombies 2, see All-Star Zombie.
- For the version in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, see All-Star Zombie (PvZH).
- For other uses, see Football Zombie (disambiguation).
All-Star is a zombie in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. The All-Star is a playable character on the zombie's side. He is classified as a powerful tank in the zombie faction. Due to his health, he can tank on multiple hits making himself resistant to most plants attacks. He can even survive a direct hit from a Potato Mine and the explosion of a Chili Bean Bomb (only if his health is over 175). However, he is the slowest zombie character, making him ineffective in chasing plants. The All-Star is armed with an Imp Punt ability which can deal high explosive damage to groups of plants. His Sprint Tackle ability allows him to tackle wounded opponents, vanquishing them or knocking them out of the battle or used to escape threat from plants, especially the Chomper. His Dummy Shield ability allows the All-Star to create a temporary shield for himself and his team from plant attacks.
All-Star Zombie is always the first one on the field, and the last to leave. He uses suppression fire to hold the Plants at bay, and his Tackle Dummies are the best offensive linemen around.
The All-Star's gameplan involves suppressing the Plants with a never-ending barrage of footballs.
- Baseball Star
- Rugby Star
- Hockey Star
- Cricket Star
- Goalie Star
- Wrestling Star
- Golf Star
- Tennis Star (Garden Warfare 2 only)
- Moto-X Star (Garden Warfare 2 only)
The All-Star's primary weapon is a minigun-like weapon called the Football Cannon. It is capable of shooting footballs at a high rate, dealing 4-9 impact damage and 5-10 critical damage based on distance. Since the Football Cannon has unlimited ammo and never reloads it can be fired for extended periods but if used for too long, it will overheat and become momentarily unusable, putting the All-Star in a vulnerable state. In addition to that, it takes about one second for the All-Star to rev up the weapon before it can fire and when firing, the All-Star will move slower, unlike the other zombie classes and finally, it takes another second for it to fully stop firing. These traits mean that the Football Cannon is not a weapon that you want to be caught out of position with.
With Imp Punt, the All-Star punts an Imp that rolls forward and explodes after a short time, deals 150 damage.
With the Sprint Tackle, the All-Star rushes forward, dealing 75 damage and knocks plants into the sky. This can serve as a short-ranged attack.
Dummy Shield is a shield that the All-Star places to protect himself.
An alternate ability of Imp Punt, Long Bomb allows the All-Star kicks an Imp up very high, which explodes when he lands and deals 150 damage.
An alternate ability of Sprint Tackle, Ultra Tackle does 90 damage but has a longer recharge time.
An alternate ability of Dummy Shield, the player can have four Shield Decoys, but it is weaker.
Supercharged Football Coolant
The Supercharged Football Coolant (i.e. water) reduces the amount of heat each ball generates when shot.
The weapon is almost guaranteed to not overheat, as long as this mod is installed.
Super Football Compression
By the compressing the footballs before firing them the weapon damage has increased.
The All-Star's high health makes him the toughest opponent to deal with. Since other plants' health is less than the All-Star's, he has a high chance to win. Sprint Tackle is useful and serves as a finishing move; it can be used to finish off any wounded plants or used for escaping a threat when things are not going well. An Imp Punt can be used to get rid of group of plants, getting a multiple vanquish streak at once. However, his primary weakness is the Chomper. Chomper can instantly kill All-Star since he is not fast enough to escape. All-Star is slow and vulnerable when plants gang up on him.
The All-Star is always the leading class in this mode before anyone else. The Imp Punt is very useful for crowd control in the garden. Sprint tackling lined up plants is also very good for crowd control in the garden. Using the Dummy Shield provides a line of cover, protecting zombies from plants firing outside of the garden. The All-Star would have a better chance by going into the Garden with other All-Stars, as the Football Cannon is not good for taking groups of plants out. The All-Star could also take singular plants outside the garden out easily, but the All-Star is an easy target for Cactus and Chomper, due to his slow movement speed. When there is a really big group of plants protecting the garden, using Imp Punt, then immediately Sprint/Ultra Tackle will take out most of them.
- When a Peashooter is in Gatling mode, try to tackle him or toss an Imp at him but do not let him see you coming.
- When a Peashooter tries to attack you while constantly jumping around with Hyper, use your Shield Decoy to protect you.
- Try to attack the Peashooter with your Sprint/Ultra Tackle to give yourself an advantage before beginning the duel.
- When a Chomper is burrowing towards you, wait for it to almost reach killing range before using your Sprint Tackle towards its direction. This will force the Chomper to turn around and waste valuable burrowing time. Sprint tackling too early may result in the Chomper having enough burrowing ability to catch you.
- If a Chomper burrows towards you in a narrow walkway e.g. the Jewel Junction mine entrance, it is possible to use Dummy Shields to block it.
- If your Sprint Tackle isn't available while a Chomper burrows towards you, try to locate and reach the nearest wall and launch an Imp against it. While the Chomper rises to eat you, the Imp explosion should take it out first but this method should only be used as a last resort since the Imp Punt deals 150 damage but an upgraded Chomper or an Armor Chomper (which have 175 and 200-225 health respectively) can survive it and kill you.
- As a last resort, frantically jumping around can minimize the chance of the Chomper successfully eating you as it cannot chomp anything airborne. Keep in mind, however, that it is still possible for it to chomp you while you jump if the timing is right.
- Sunflower's Sunbeam or Solar Flare Beam are extremely deadly to the All-Star due to its large appearance. Try to use an Imp Punt if you are close enough to a Sunflower who is using one and then retreat immediately.
- Use Sprint Tackles more often over Imp Punts when dealing with the Sunflower as its fast movement and small stature makes it the hardest plant to take out with the Imp Punt.
- Cactus can be a huge threat to the All-Star from a long distance due to the All-Star's size and slow movement speed but up close, the All-Star can make short work of it. Try to approach the Cactus without being seen to make for an easy target.
- However, watch your surroundings when fighting against a Cactus at its own base to minimize the chance of your movement becoming obstructed by Tallnut Battlements and to avoid accidentally stepping on a Potato Mine, because if you step on one, you may survive it but any further damage will end you.
- Citron's EMPeach is considered a threat to the All-Star. The moment you see his cannon flash, quickly place a Dummy Shield before he hits you with it to avoid being stunned.
- ▼ Velocity was decreased from 7.68075 m/s to 7 m/s.
- ▼ Effectiveness of overheat upgrade was decreased.
- Despite being referred to as the slowest class in-game, his base movement speed is actually faster than other characters except for Sunflowers and Scientists.
- He is most likely referred as "slow" due to the fact he takes time to start and stop firing, slowed while doing so, and lack of mobility abilities.
- The exact number of shots an All-Star can fire before the weapon overheats is 77.
- He has Dr. Zomboss's face on the front of his jersey.
- The All-Star is the one of the two zombies whose variants' names end with the same word: Star.
- The other zombie is the Imp, whose variants' names end with the word Imp, except for Lil' Drake.
- The All-Star resembles The Heavy from Team Fortress 2, given the fact that they are both slow-moving high-health classes that deal a lot of damage.
- All-Star is the only playable zombie class that can survive a Potato Mine or Chili Bean Bomb.
- However, this only applies if his health is higher than 175.
- This does not apply in Garden Warfare 2, as Super Brainz and an Imp's Mech can also survive a Potato Mine or Chili Bean Bomb, if their health is above 175.
- All-Star occasionally says "Oh Yeah" when healed.
- All-Star and all of his variants (except Wrestling Star, Golf Star and Tennis Star, since they do not have numbers on their backs) have different numbers on their backs respectively (e.g. All-Star has #26, Goalie Star has #98, Cricket Star has #63 and Rugby Star has #41).
- According to the developers, All Star shoots "around 400 footballs a minute."
- This grants the basic All-Star a fire rate of five shots per second which is true in-game.
- This is also a reference to the Valve's company short called "Meet the Heavy" where the character states its mini-gun shoots ten thousand bullets per minute.
- Originally there was going to be an ability for the All-Star that would let him "hulk out" as quoted by Justin Wiebe.
- The All-Star is currently the only zombie that holds his weapon with both hands.
- All of the All-Star's variants are themed after different sports; baseball, rugby, cricket, hockey, ice hockey, wrestling, golf, tennis and motocross.
- He along with Super Brainz and Captain Deadbeard are the only playable zombies that do not wear a backpack of some kind.
- He no longer wears his red socks in Garden Warfare 2.