| Alive and Planting|
Survive 40 waves of pure zombie ferocity.
Difficulty: Very hard
Alive and Planting is an achievement that can be obtained on the iPad, Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, and Android versions of Plants vs. Zombies. It is worth 30 points on Game Center. In order to earn it, the player must survive for 40 flags in Survival: Endless. In the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of Plants vs. Zombies, it is also required that the player loses at some point after the 40th wave.
Its name is a play on the phrase "alive and kicking," which is to be very prevalent and active.
- See Survival: Endless/Strategies for strategies.
Any Survival: Endless strategy that can survive the 40 flags needed to get this achievement will work. If the player wishes to use their own strategy, there are several plants used in most strategies that are necessary and crucial to almost all setups:
- At least one instant kill or several Cob Cannons.
- Twin Sunflowers for sun production.
- Pumpkins for supporting expensive plants and an overall protection from Imps and Digger Zombies.
- Winter Melons for doing great damage to the zombies and slowing them down, but Gatling Peas with Torchwood is also a good idea.
- Gloom-shrooms for reliably killing Digger Zombies and Imps.
- It is a more difficult version of Immortal, as the player has to survive twice as long for Alive and Planting (40 waves) than they would for Immortal (20 waves).