Admiral Helmet Zombie absorbs 90 normal damage shots and its appearance changes upon absorbing 27, 52, 80 (when the admiral helmet is destroyed), and 85 normal damage shots before it dies at 90 normal damage shots.
Because this zombie's health is similar to Knight Zombie, Blockhead Zombie, and Jurassic Fossilhead, you must have powerful plants in your arsenal. Fortunately, this zombie comes only when a Monk Zombie gets an admiral helmet from a Weapon Stand which means that if the Weapon Stand that contains the helmet is destroyed, that means that you will no longer be able to encounter or defeat it. However, if the opposite happens, use powerful plants like Winter Melon, Citron and Melon-pult as it was mentioned above. Also for more effect you can use stunning plants like Iceberg Lettuce and Stunion, so you can stop it from causing trouble. Magnet-shroom can steal its helmet and reduce it into a regular zombie. Instant kills, such as Cherry Bomb, Chili Bean and Jalapeno can defeat the zombie easily.
- In the 1.2.0 update on both Android and iOS devices, this zombie will crash the game right before it loses its helmet. The only way to kill this zombie without crashing the game is to use the Cuke. This bug was fixed in the 1.2.1 update.
- Admiral Helmet Zombie, Knight Zombie, Blockhead Zombie and Jurassic Fossilhead have the headwear with the most health in Plants vs. Zombies 2 and are the second toughest in the series (only bested by the Giga-Football Zombie's black football helmet).
- Admiral Helmet Zombie, Camel Zombies, Knight Zombies, Blockhead Zombies, Bug Zombies, Jurassic Fossilheads, and Brickhead Zombies are the new zombies in Plants vs. Zombies 2 which can degrade into a regular Zombie.
- It can only appear in Last Stand levels, but even then, it has a small chance of appearing.
- Admiral Helmet Zombie does not appear on the lawn by walking towards the player's house, like other zombies. The only way for this zombie to appear is for a Monk Zombie to get an admiral helmet from a Weapon Stand.