Abracadaver is a premium super-rare zombie card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, and a member of the Crazy class. He costs 3 to play, and has 3/1. He has the Gravestone trait, and his ability does 3 damage to a random plant every time he does damage to the plant hero.
He is based on a magician, a person who practices and performs magic, one of the oldest performing arts in the world where the audiences are entertained by stage tricks or illusions. His name is a portmanteau of the words "abracadabra", referring to the famous incantation and "cadaver", meaning a dead body, which is referring to the zombie himself.
The rabbit on his top hat is a reference to the famous "Pulling a rabbit out of a hat" magic trick.
- Class: Crazy
- Tribes: Mustache Pet Zombie
- Trait: Gravestone
- Ability: When this hurts the Plant Hero, do 3 damage to a random Plant.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Super-Rare
Keeps forgetting that the magic word is "Please."
- Rarity change: Rare → Super-Rare
This zombie can potentially be very dangerous, hitting both the hero and a random plant, which could be essential to the opponent's strategy, and possibly destroy that plant before it has a chance to attack. But to do that, Abracadaver must damage the hero. Due to his low health: Destroy, move, or Bounce any plant that separates Abracadaver from any plants in the same lane, then watch him wreak havoc. Bungee Plumber, Cakesplosion, and The Chickening are all good candidates for removing plants.
Since he is a pet zombie, Abracadaver can be boosted from Zookeeper and can benefit Cat Lady if the player is Electric Boogaloo. Similarly, Vitamin Z can be used on Abracadaver to keep him alive. Maniacal Laugh or Coffee Zombie can also make it so Abracadaver is nearly guaranteed to hit the plant hero because of the Frenzy trait. However, regardless of this zombie's strength, he always does 3 damage to a random plant.
Impfinity can support Abracadaver greatly. Since he appears from a gravestone, Headstone Carver can boost him when he is revealed. In addition, Smoke Bomb can be used to move him to an empty lane so Abracadaver can hit the plant hero. With Super Stench or Zombot Sharktronic Sub, Abracadaver can become a very big threat as he can destroy a random plant when he hurts the plant hero, acting similarly to B-flat. Backyard Bounce can get rid of a plant in Abracadaver's way as well. Z-Mech can also benefit Abracadaver. Due to his low health, it is recommended to use boosting tricks like Camel Crossing to boost his health so he can survive longer, which Z-Mech possesses. Professor Brainstorm can use Lurch for Lunch on this, so he will likely destroy the plant in front of him, or to hit the plant hero and dish out damage to plants early. A good substitute would be Jester, as both cost 3 brains and your opponent may play something that can damage Abracadaver to prevent their plants from taking 3 damage, just to find out it was Jester.
Since this zombie comes from a gravestone, Grave Buster can be used. If he comes out, Sour Grapes, Kernel Corn, or any damaging plant or trick is also a great counter to this zombie. Whipvine or Sweet Potato can move Abracadaver into a lane with a plant that can dispose of him. He is not that hard to defeat due to his incredibly low health, so he can easily be defeated by any plant that deals damage.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Abracadaver.
- His description references the phrase "What's the magic word?" In this case, the magic word is "Please."
- It could be a reference to the parenting trick used to teach young children to be polite.
- If one looks closely on the cards he uses to attack plants, there are five brains, a reference to the 5 card in a card group and two of the letter "Z" in place of the numbers found in the corner of a card.
- It, Hippity Hop Gargantuar and The Chickening are the only pet cards in the Crazy class.
- He shoots the same projectiles as Sweet Potato, Seedling, and Mirror-Nut.
- He shares the same name as a zombie magician villain from the TV series, The Powerpuff Girls.