Contents (view all pages)
See Plants vs. Zombies (series) for more information.
Similar to other tower defense games, but even more advanced, Plants vs. Zombies sees players planting different types of plants, each with their own unique offensive or defensive capabilities, across the front lawn, back lawn with a pool, and the roof of their house in order to stop a horde of zombies from devouring the brains of the resident living inside. The zombies also come in a number of types that have different attributes and abilities, with zombies that can tunnel or pole vault over obstacles, balloon and Zamboni riding zombies, Thriller-inspired dancing zombies that can raise others from the ground, as well as zombies that wear armor such as tin buckets, carry screen doors, and ride pogo sticks that make them harder to dispatch.
The game also features extra modes that are unlockable as the player progresses through the game's main Adventure Mode. These include Survival Mode, Puzzle Mode, and a selection of mini-games including zombie themed versions of PopCap games Bejeweled and Insaniquarium. In the iPad 1, 2, 3, Android, and the iPod Touch versions, a mode called Quick Play lets players play their favorite levels over again. Players can also purchase items and plant upgrades with money dropped by zombies or won by playing these extra modes. The versions available through Steam, on the iPhone/iPod Touch, on the iPad, on the Xbox, on the Nintendo DS, DSiWare and the Game of the Year versions also feature achievements.
- Please check out our rules before editing or the zombies will eat your brains!
- Check useful templates, useboxes and userboxes edits to make your edits better!
- Check our staff page to see who you can contact if you need help.
- Populate our chat discussions here.
- Read our strategy rules before making strategies.
- Make your polls in Plants vs. Zombies Wiki:Polls to get some opinions!
- Have fun voting in the intense Plants vs. Zombies Wiki Battles!
Plants vs. Zombies News
- Plants vs. Zombies Adventures has been announced to be released on May 20, 2013.
- Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time has been announced to have a release date of July.
- The iOS versions of Plants vs. Zombies were made 0.99.
- A Google Play developer was kicked from the development of applications for Android by creating a fake Plants vs. Zombies and other paid games for free.